Monday, May 4, 2009

Hello from Steven

Hi Mrs. Gins and Ms. Anderson--

What are you doing at school? I will be back on Thursday and I will see you then. Yesterday, I saw a cobra on the street. I also saw an acaconda. I also have seen people riding motorcycles without any helmets! My sister has been smiling since we got here. One time, I was taking a nap and my mom went to the orphanage and saw Sheetal by herself. The first thing that Sheetal said was, "Dada?" which means "brother?" She kept looking around for me. I also got to see how they took their baths at the orphanage. All the babies have cold water dumped on their heads while the massis rub their faces and they cry. But Sheetal didn't cry. We got to see her school. They have toys like legos, blocks, and the massis yelled at one girl until she started crying. Sheetal kept pushing people away because everybody else was touching our mommy.

Did you know that in the night at your place we are awake?

Tell my class, especially Andre, that I said "Hi!"

Steven

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steven,
    It is kind of lonely without you and we bet it is fun there and we would like to be with you because we would not miss you. We wish you could send photos back to us and tell us more about your sister. We hope you are having a great time in India. Can you bring your sister to school when you get back? We are learning about folktales and poetry in school. What does India look like? Is it hot? Are you staying in a house or a hotel in India? Are there many poisonous snakes where you are? We hope you can come back soon so we can see you even sooner.
    Love,
    Your Class

    ReplyDelete